Table of Contents
1. The Purpose of the Power Saving Mode
2. How to Check Your Settings
This article describes the purpose of the power-saving mode in Windows and how to change its settings.
The Purpose of the Power Saving Mode
Windows has the option to disable certain components while being idle. This is useful to save electricity and manage your resources while not using your computer but can become annoying if this behavior interrupts your gameplay experience when you always need to log in again when you just had a walk with your dog or had an extended dance to celebrate a freshly dropped item. 🥳
How to Check Your Settings
To review and change your settings is really easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Start in Windows or on your keyboard
- Search for Control Panel
- Select "Network and Internet"
- Go to "Network and Sharing Center"
- Click "Change adapter settings"
- Right-click on your relevant network adapter and select "Properties"
- Proceed to "Configure..."
- Move to the tab "Power Management"
- Make sure that the check-box referring to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is empty