Table of Contents
1. What is the Winsock Doing
2. How to Reset Your Winsock
This article describes what the Winsock does and how to reset it.
What is the Winsock Doing
The Winsock API is responsible for the driver of your network adapter and therefore essential for your communication to the internet. It is the main access point to TCP/IP applications.
How to Reset your Winsock
To reset your Winsock do the following:
- Press Start in Windows or on your keyboard
- Type in and search for cmd
- Right-click on the icon and select "Run as administrator"
- Enter the following command: netsh winsock reset
- Press Enter