Security is very important for the Astellia Team, and we encourage all Astellians to follow proper account security protocols and add 2FA to their account!
General security protocols:
- Reset your passwords often, and don't ever use the same password for all of your accounts. If one account is compromised, all of them could be!
- Never share your account info with another person!
- An Astellia Online employee will never ask for your password.
- Never save your e-mail or password to our website or the launcher when playing from a public computer.
- Keep an antivirus on your computer and perform regular scans to remove any spyware or other viruses that may be collecting your information.
- Use a long, complex password with numerous numbers, letters, and symbols, in order to stay protected from hackers that try "brute force" in attempt to guess your password.
- Ensure your operating system is always up to date in order to protect yourself from any security breaches.
- You can also apply 2FA to many e-mail service providers if you want any extra layer of protection!
- Beware of phishing attempts, such as fake e-mails, websites, and even other players asking for personal information. They may use this in an attempt to guess any security questions and answers and gain access to your account this way.
In order to combat phishing e-mails and fake websites, make sure the website you are accessing is always https://www.astellia-mmo.com. Some common tricks are to replace 'L' with "I", or omit a letter altogether. For example: astelia-mmo.com, astelliammo.com, and asteIIia-mmo.com would all be fake websites (Note: the 'L's in Astellia on the last website were made into upper-case 'i's, it is difficult to tell!)
What is 2FA and how do I activate it?
2FA is one of the most important methods of security available, 2FA will require a verification code sent to your phone in order to login to your account, making it nearly impossible for a hacker to gain access.
You can find the 2FA activation button on your account page on our website.
It will bring you to this screen, and simply follow the provided steps to apply 2FA to your account! It's that easy.
If you have reason to believe your account has been compromised, contact our Customer Support immediately!